Each year on November 11th the City of Brantford honours the courage and sacrifice of those who served our country during times of war, military conflict, and peace. The City of Brantford is proud to join fellow Canadians in paying tribute to our veterans. We remember, with deep respect and immense gratitude, those who have served our nation and how meaningful their sacrifices are to our community and way of life.
The City’s Remembrance Day services will take place at the Cenotaph at the corner of Brant Avenue & Dalhousie Street beginning at 11:00 a.m.
Order of proceedings
10:20 a.m. Inspection of Honour Guard at Harmony Square.
10:45 a.m. The Walking March leaves Harmony Square en route to the Cenotaph at the Brant County War Memorial.
11:00 a.m. Civic Service of Remembrance at the Brant County War Memorial, Brant Avenue and Dalhousie Street, Brantford.
Reserved seating will be available at the Cenotaph for veterans and their spouses. Accessible seating will also be available.
In the event of inclement weather, the Service will be held in the Armouries Building, located on Brant Avenue and Colborne Street, Brantford.
The following streets will be closed on Monday, November 11, 2019 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. for the Remembrance Day Service:
- Brant Avenue between Church Street and Colborne Street
- Dalhousie Street between Market Street and Brant Avenue
- Market Street between Dalhousie Street and Darling Street (southbound lane)
Detour routes will be signed to accommodate vehicular traffic.
Please note there will be a Walking March on Dalhousie Street starting at 10:30 a.m. from Harmony Square to the Cenotaph between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on November 11th:
- Free parking will be provided at downtown area municipal parking lots
- Parking time restrictions at on-street parking spaces in the downtown area will be waived
- Brantford Transit fares will be waived for riders wearing a poppy to and from the service.