EmployerOne is a comprehensive, community-wide annual survey – done every January – about the workforce and labour market needs, issues and challenges of local employers in Brantford, Brant, Haldimand, Norfolk, Six Nations and New Credit.
The goal is to collect reliable information from employers so our community can ensure we have the skilled & talented workforce employers need now and in the future.
New this year the survey has been shortened to 20 questions for 2020! EmployerOne is dramatically shorter – about one-quarter as long as 2019.
Your participation provides valuable information that can help you:
- Conduct Human Resources planning
- Identify current and future skills gaps in your workforce
- Communicate your workforce needs to the community
- Identify changes year over year in your business
Information shared in recent surveys has led to several community actions, including studying how to improve the soft skills of job applicants and the creation of new training and College programs aligned with the needs of local businesses.
Highlights from the 2018 EmployerOne survey:
- More than half (54%) of the 359 employers who completed the survey said they had hard-to- fill jobs in 2018. The No. 1 reason: lack of people applying for positions.
- Seventy per cent of employers surveyed locally plan to hire in 2019, while 84% of those hired last year.
- Manufacturing remains our area’s No. 1 employer (60 firms hired a total of 1,212 people in 2018)
- About 2 in 3 jobs are full-time positions, with manufacturing offering the most full-time work
- Online job boards are the No. 1 way employers recruit
- Work ethic is the No. 1 skill desired by employees, followed by self-motivation
EmployerOne is a collaborative survey, led by the Workforce Planning Board of Grand Erie, with support from two dozen partners, who will share the results. Partners come from Economic, Workforce, Business and Education development groups in Brantford, Brant, Haldimand & Norfolk.
Please visit the following link to complete your confidential survey before January 31, 2019:
For more information, contact:
Workforce Planning Board of Grand Erie