Don’t miss the Beckett Adult Leisure Centre’s special Friday series for $10 lunch and live music! Each month, the Beckett Centre, located at 219 Colborne Street, offers live music by local performers as well as a full lunch, including an entrée, side potato, vegetable, roll, dessert and coffee. Limited seating is available for each event, so make sure to get your ticket(s) at the Beckett Adult Health Centre before they sell out. The registration deadline is the Wednesday prior to each week. Each event starts at 11:30 a.m. and ends at 1:00 p.m.:
- Friday, January 31: Music by David McKee with an Italian lunch
- Friday, February 28: Music by Janine Stoll and Paul MacDougall with roast beef lunch
- Friday, March 27: Music by Alicia Hardman with liver lunch
- Friday, April 24: Music by Katie Korfmann with Italian lunch
- Friday, May 29: Music by Mo Vint with roast beef lunch
The Beckett Adult Leisure Centre offers programs for adults aged 50 and over. Their services include art programs and workshops, a cafeteria (with soup and sandwiches sold Monday through Fridays from 11:30am-1:30pm), drop-in activities, Stay Active program, and a games room.
A yearly membership to the Beckett Centre is only $37 (or $49.25 including parking). The membership entitles you to participate in as many drop-in activities as you want, as well as gives you a reduced rate on all registered programs and workshops. Not looking to commit quite yet? They offer a daily membership of $3.50 to try out their drop-in activities for a day.