The City of Brantford and its surrounding areas boasts so many incredible and dedicated athletes. They train hard and put in countless hours to become faster, stronger and more accurate. And when they surpass a target or achieve an incredible milestone, it makes our sporting community take notice and want to recognize them.
The Sports Recognition Banquet, now in its fifteenth year, is organized by the Brantford Sports Council. This program recognizes local athletes, coaches, volunteers, teams, officials and sponsors who are actively involved in and support minor sports in the community. Nominations are currently open in the following categories:
- The Phyllis Gretzky Memorial Award – Female Youth Leadership
- The Frank Bricker Memorial Award – Male Youth Leadership
- The Jimmy Wilkes Memorial Award – Team of the Year
- The John Macklin Memorial Award – Coach of the Year
- The Adrian Scherders Memorial Award – Sportsmanship and Dedication
- The George Churchill Memorial Award – Sports Volunteer of the Year
- The George Jones Memorial Award – Lifetime Sports Volunteerism
- The Jack Calbeck Memorial Award – Lifetime Sports Sponsorship
- The Dave Levac Award – The Award of Excellence for Sports Officiating
- The Frank Tomlin Memorial Award – Sportsperson of the Year
The deadline for nominations is Friday, January 24, 2020. The criteria for each category is available on the Brantford Sports Council website. Nominations can be filled out online.
If you have any questions regarding the nominations, please contact the Brantford Sports Council at email@example.com
There are so many athletes doing amazing work in our community. Let’s take the time to shine a light on their achievements. Nominate someone today!
What: Brantford Sports Council Sports Recognition Banquet
When: Wednesday February 12, 2020. Doors open: 6:00pm, Dinner: 7:00pm.
Where: Brantford Golf & Country Club
Tickets: $60.00 per person