Once again, Laurier is hosting their LEAF Program that welcomes approximately 40 students from Burgundy School of Business in Dijon, France. These international students will be arriving on Saturday, March 21, 2020 and studying for almost four weeks at the university’s Brantford campus. Laurier, in partnership with the Canada Homestay Network (CHN) are seeking homes in the Brantford area to host students for the duration of their stay.
CHN is one of Canada’s most trusted homestay provider with more than 20 years of dedicated service to their hosts. As a host, you will receive 24/7 support from a local CHN Relationships Manager throughout the stay, as well as an allowance to offset expenses. An ideal host is excited to welcome a student into their home and eager to spend time with them. These students are looking for homes where they can experience authentic Canadian life in a caring, English-speaking environment.
Hosting a student requires:
- Full room and board, including three meals per day (bag lunch on school days)
- Each student requires a private bedroom with a bed, table or desk for studying, window, adequate lighting and a closet or dresser for their clothing
- Students are all adults (18+) and will be travelling to/from campus on public transit
- Host allowance is $800 per student each of the four weeks
- Two students are possible if you have two bedrooms
- Criminal record check, telephone screening and in-person interview required for all hosts
If you are interested in hosting a student, you can complete an application online. CHN will be reaching out to applicants within a few days to complete initial screening. For more information, please contact CHN at email@example.com or Valerie Kilgour at 519-756-8228 ext. 5621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.