Fall is officially here and there is lots of time to enjoy the sunshine and beautiful scenery throughout Brantford during a walking tour. It is easier to social distance outdoors and so we can feel safe exploring. The best part – walking is free! Brantford’s downtown is home to a variety of monuments rich in history, unique shopping, delicious dining and entertainment. You can explore individually or in your social bubble, move at your own pace, and enjoy a unique experience each time.
Your friends and family will love this historic walking tour of downtown Brantford. Remember, if they can’t be here with you, video chat with friends and family throughout your tour to include them and get them excited for a future visit to Brantford.
Explore the Core: Hidden Gems in Downtown Brantford
- Brantford’s downtown core is home to nine of the twelve art pieces in Brantford’s Grand Exhibit, a collection of to-scale artist reproductions from the Glenhyrst Art Gallery permanent collection. Before you head downtown, stop by Brantford Visitor & Tourism Centre or go online at www.brantford.ca/grandexhibit for a copy of the map.
- Victoria Park, Bell Memorial Park, and War Memorial Park are all located within a short walk of each other and feature monuments and tributes to significant people and events that shaped Brantford’s history.
- Stop at Harmony Square to take a selfie or group photo in the beautiful courtyard. If you are here in the summer months, dip your toes in the splash pad and admire the fountain. In the winter, Harmony Square is home to a free outdoor public skating rink.
- Check out Coffee Culture for a quick breakfast, lunch or dessert. Grab a drink to-go from Moon Tea and go shopping at Old World Marketplace and Alt Boutique.
- You can sit and enjoy dinner and a drink at the rustic, modern Hudson Public Kitchen & Bar, also located in Harmony Square.
- Admire the outdoor public art piece, La Landscape de Kanata, before heading to Elements Casino Brantford (reopening September 28, 2020) for excitement and gaming entertainment.
For more information and ideas on things to see and do in Brantford, visit discoverbrantford.ca or call the Brantford Visitor & Tourism Centre at 1-800-265-6299.