Here’s a round up of sport-focused webinars that are a great resource for local organizations and their boards as they navigate through their return to play protocols. Most of these webinars are free to attend and can be part of your next board meeting or sport association planning session.
Sport Information Resource Centre
SIRC is Canada’s leader and most trusted partner in advancing sport and physical activity through knowledge. SIRCTalks' "You’re a high performer too! Mental wellness considerations for leaders, coaches, and staff in sport" explores mental wellness considerations as they apply to you as a high performer at work, rest, and play and discover how to optimally integrate mental health literacy, mental skills training, and mental performance consulting across our sporting ecosystems. Register for the webinar happening on November 18, 2020.
Canadian Women and Sports
Harnessing the power of sport so that girls and women everywhere can benefit, and to build a stronger, more equitable sport system for all Canadians. With webinar topics that include positive coaching, collecting gender equity data, and engaging newcomer girls and women in your community, these resources can help with your programming at engaging and retaining female athletes. Free webinar sessions available on the website include:
- Experts Connect: Redefining Risk-Taking
- Experts Connect: Creating a Safe Environment for All Girls
- Experts Connect: Building a Positive Team Culture
Sport Tourism Canada
Learn more about increasing Canada’s capacity to attract and host sport tourism events. STC offers many resources for sport organizations on the national, provincial and grass-roots levels. Conducted over the last seven months, these webinars are free to access from the STC website. Sessions include:
- The Road to Recovery Starts During the Storm – Lessons Learned from Past Recoveries
- Your Corporate Sponsorship Revenue Program – The New Normal Post COVID-19
- Cancellation and Postponement of Major Sporting Events in Canada
- Sharpen Your Negotiation Skills for Current-Day Contract Conversations
- What, me worry? The impact of COVID-19 on Sport Event Insurance – Before, During and After
There have been many pivots to delivering training and professional development. These sport tourism resources are a safe and productive way to learn and be inspired as athletes are supported back to play.