As we head into the colder months, many thoughts on recreation and sport turn towards the ice in arenas that will be buzzing with hockey practices, games and tournaments. But there is another winter sport that holds an exciting place in many hearts that is ready to get started again. Curling - the game affectionately referred to as “chess on ice”. For those who play it, the sport becomes their own personal challenge, their exercise and their social activity. If you have been curious about this fun and strategic game, your chance is here. The Brant Curling Club invites new and novice curlers to their Fall 2017 Learn to Curl Program and #TryCurling.
This eight week program gets underway on October 24th and runs until December 12th, every Tuesday evening from 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm. The program will work on all aspects of the game including: throwing, sweeping, strategy and etiquette. The Club will provide the brooms, rocks and sliders and the instructors will guide you through this great activity filled with physical activity and social interaction.
The Brant Curling Club wants you to remember for your first week:
- wear comfortable, loose, layered athletic apparel for Learn to Curl.
- think hockey arena with no heater - dress accordingly.
- bring new/indoor/very clean athletic shoes for on ice portion.
- mitts or gloves are suggested - the brooms are cold!
- Brant Curling Club will provide grippers, sliders, and brooms
- payment can be made at first or second session
Contact the Brant Curling Club for information on pricing or to register. This is a great opportunity to gather a few friends and try something new, or venture out on your own and meet a whole new group of fun and friendly competitors. Hurry!!!! Hard!!!!