The City of Brantford and its surrounding areas boasts so many incredible and dedicated athletes. They train hard and put in countless hours to become faster, stronger and more accurate. And when they surpass a target or achieve an incredible milestone, it makes our sporting community take notice and want to recognize them.
For the thirteenth year in a row, the Brantford Sports Council is organizing its Sport Appreciation Banquet. This program recognizes sport excellence and volunteers in the community. Nominations are currently open in the following categories.
- The Phyllis Gretzky Memorial Award – Female Youth Leadership
- The Frank Bricker Memorial Award – Male Youth Leadership
- The Jimmy Wilkes Memorial Award – Team of the Year
- The John Macklin Memorial Award – Coach of the Year
- The Adrian Scherders Memorial Award – Sportsmanship and Dedication
- The George Churchill Memorial Award – Sports Volunteer of the Year
- The George Jones Memorial Award – Lifetime Sports Volunteerism
- The Jack Calbeck Memorial Award – Lifetime Sports Sponsorship
- The Dave Levac Award – The Award of Excellence for Sports Officiating
- The Frank Tomlin Memorial Award – Sportsperson of the Year
The deadline for nominations is Saturday, January 20, 2018. Nominations can be filled out from the Brantford Sports Council website www.brantfordsportscouncil.ca or emailed to email@example.com. Criteria for each category can be found on the website.
The Sports Excellence Banquet will be held on Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at the Brantford Golf & Country Club. Tickets are $60/person or $480/table of 8. Doors open at 6:00 pm. Dinner at 7:00 pm.
There are so many athletes doing amazing work in our community. Let’s take the time to shine a light on their achievements. Nominate someone today!