Thanks Coach… for making sport a better place to be…
The Ontario Coaching Excellence Awards program celebrates the dedication and commitment of exemplary individuals who inspire, innovate and share knowledge of sport with others. The Awards recognize the importance of leadership, performance and the value of human insight which are all integral to great coaching.
There are 7 categories in which you can nominate your coach:
- Grassroots (an inspirational role model in the community)
- Good-to-Great (focus is on performance excellence and competing to win)
- Trailblazer (an innovative out-of-the-box thinker who has made a difference in their sport or for their athletes)
- Everyone Matters (influences the culture of their team, organization or community by embracing diversity)
- Aboriginal Impact Coach (advancing Indigenous sport system/community in Ontario)
- Andy Higgins Lifetime Achievement Award (significant contribution to coaching in Ontario for a sustained period of time – 20+ years)
- Not Sure (CAO will determine which appropriate category to place the nomination)
Complete Nominations Include:
- A completed Coach Application form.
- 2 letters of recommendation for the award e.g. from an athlete, parent or sport administrator.
- (Optional) 1 written testimony or media report as evidence of impact of the Coach’s breakthrough, influence or results.
- Nominations must be complete.
- If space is not adequate attach any relevant information. You may attach any supporting documents (i.e. letters of reference, news articles, etc.)
- Completed Nomination forms due by Thursday, June 28th, 2018, 4:00 pm.
Nominations can be completed online or by downloading the form and mailing it in.
Please send completed nomination forms to Brooke Leonardo at:
Coaches Association of Ontario
Mail: 1 Concorde Gate, Suite 200A Toronto, Ontario M3C 3N6
Blog Post directly sourced from Coaches Association of Ontario