Timed perfectly for the start of paddling season comes a new, updated edition of Paddling the Grand River. Written by local author Jamie Kent, Paddling The Grand River is the essential guide for canoeing and kayaking trips along South Western Ontario’s historic Grand River. Now in its 6th edition, the book highlights ten great paddling routes, including paths through Brantford, Paris, Cambridge and Caledonia. This paperback book includes full-colour maps, aerial map shots, great colour photos and comes in at a price point of $24.95.
The easy-to-use design makes this book a valuable tool for planning your adventure and quick referencing while you’re on the water.
Now on shelves, Paddling the Grand River includes:
- 10 great paddling routes from Belwood to Lake Erie, including routes through Cambridge, Brantford, Paris and Caledonia
- Full-page maps for each route clearly show river access points and give coordinates for sites of interest
- For the angler, special sections throughout list species of fish and best places to find them, along with fishing regulations in different areas
- Camp sites and portaging routes are clearly identified
- Historic points of interest, including Templin Gardens in Fergus, Kiwanis Park in Kitchener, and Chiefswood National Historic Site in Six Nations of the Grand River
- Resources for camping, accommodation and paddling outfitters
Whether readers are looking for day excursions, multi-day paddling adventures, or family-friendly ways to experience the natural environment and history of the Grand River, this book is an indispensable tool for casual and experienced paddlers alike.
Jamie Kent is the owner and operator of Grand Experiences, an outdoor adventure company based out of Paris, Ontario. Jamie is an expert on the area’s history, flora and fauna. Jamie would like to thank his wife, Lisa McLaughlin-Kent, for her continuous love and support, and for the wonderful photos she captured that fill the pages of Paddling The Grand River.
Paddling The Grand River can be purchase online by clicking here.