What started as a salute to the 100th anniversary of the invention of the telephone by Alexander Graham Bell in 1974 has continued as a successful Multi-Cultural Festival, now celebrating its 45th continuous year.
Enjoy "The World at Your Doorstep" for four fabulous days this July in Brantford, ON. This annual Brantford tradition takes place from Wednesday, July 4 to Saturday, July 7, 2018. The festival, enjoyed by locals and tourists alike, has been known to draw over 145,000 people during the four day festival.
This year marks the 45th consecutive Festival, and the committee is celebrating by bringing you 17 different villages to experience.
The participating 17 Festival Villages are:
- Atlantic Canada Village, Moose Lodge - 145 West Street
- British Village, Army, Navy & Air Force Club, 645 Colborne Street
- Caribbean Village, Royal Canadian Legion Br #90, Victory Hall, 21 Oak Street
- Chinese Village, Tollgate Technological Skills Centre, 112 Tollgate Road
- Fiesta Filipino, St. Mary's Parish Hall, 133 Murray Street
- German Village, Sonnenhof Hall, 194 Henry Street
- Hungarian Village, Hungarian Hall, 104 Albion Street
- India Village, Brantford & District Civic Centre, Market Street South
- Italian Village, Rossini Lodge, 140 Grey Street
- Latin America, Brant Curling Club, 34 Morrell St.
- Muslim Village, Muslim Association of Brantford, 192 Greenwich Street
- New York, New York, Dunsdon Legion, 9 Toll Gate Road
- Philippine Village, Sydenham Street Church, 120 Sydenham Street
- Polish Polonaise, Polish Hall, 154 Pearl Street
- Polish Warszawa, Polish Alliance Hall, 126 Albion Street
- Scottish Village, Brantford Air Force Club, 144 Grey Street
- The Ukrainian Village, Harmony United Church, 268 Marlborough Street
Enjoy cultural entertainment including music, dancing, unique cuisine and beverages, plus cultural displays of costumes and history. The villages are a great way to experience authentic cultures and meet new friends.
Most Festival Village Halls are open the following hours:
Please check your Festival Passport or the villages website, as some Festival Village hours may vary.
Festival Passports are $10 each and can be purchased at each Village during the Festival, and can also be purchased at the following locations (Cash sales only!):
Join us as various ethnic communities of Brantford come together and entertain you. Your four-day $10.00 Festival Passport gives you access to all 17 villages and free transportation between Villages, enabling you to sample and explore the diversified cultures of our community.
For more information, please visit the Brantford International Villages Website.
The Brantford International Villages Festival is one of the Signature Events in the Brantford, County of Brant and Six Nations Signature Experience Guide. Click to learn more about our Signature Events and #ExploreTheGrand