The City of Brantford and its surrounding areas boast so many incredible and dedicated athletes. They train hard and put in countless hours to become faster, stronger and more accurate. And when they surpass a target or achieve an incredible milestone, it makes our sporting community take notice and want to recognize them.
For the fourteenth year in a row, the Brantford Sports Council is organizing its Sports Awards Banquet. This program recognizes sport excellence and volunteers in the community. Nominations are currently open in the following categories:
- Female Youth Leadership - The Phyllis Gretzky Memorial Award
- Male Youth Leadership - The Frank Bricker Memorial Award
- Team of the Year - The Jimmy Wilkes Memorial Award
- Coach of the Year - The John Macklin Memorial Award
- Sportsmanship and Dedication - The Adrian Scherders Memorial Award
- Sports Volunteer of the Year - The George Churchill Memorial Award
- Lifetime Sports Volunteerism - The George Jones Memorial Award
- Lifetime Sports Sponsorship - The Jack Calbeck Memorial Award
- Award of Excellence for Sports Officiating - The Dave Levac Award
- Sportsperson of the Year - The Frank Tomlin Memorial Award
The deadline for nominations is Sunday, January 20, 2019. The criteria for each category is available on the Brantford Sports Council website. Nominations can be filled out online or hard copies can be mailed to:
Brantford Sports Council
c/o 11 Ventnor Court
Brantford, Ontario N3R 6L8
If you have any questions regarding the nominations, please contact Bill Harding at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
There are so many athletes doing amazing work in our community. Let’s take the time to shine a light on their achievements. Nominate someone today!
What: Brantford Sports Council Sports Awards Banquet
When: Wednesday, February 13, 2019. Doors open: 6:00pm, Dinner: 7:00pm.
Where: Brantford Golf & Country Club
Tickets: $60.00 per person