The Website Redevelopment project team is proud to announce that the City has been awarded 2 prestigious Hermes Creative Awards for design and development of the City’s new website, brantford.ca and microsites waynegretzkysportscentre.ca and advantagebrantford.ca.
Here’s how we scored:
Platinum Award (score of 90-100 out of 100):
Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre – waynegretzkysportscentre.ca
Gold Award (score of 80-89 out of 100):
City of Brantford corporate site – brantford.ca
Advantage Brantford – advantagebrantford.ca
Since its formation in 1994, the Hermes Creative Awards competition has been recognizing excellence in marketing and communications projects of all types. From individual communicators to media conglomerates to Fortune 500 companies, Hermes Creative Awards judges have evaluated 200,000 entries from all over the world.
“While we are very excited to receive this recognition, what’s even more exciting for the project team is how much more the site is being used”, said Maria Visocchi, Director of the Communications. “We are seeing dramatic increases in the number of visits and length of time spent on the site since its launch in February, which means more people are getting important information about City programs and services.”
A big shout out to the entire staff project team:
- Maria Visocchi – Director, Communications and Community Engagement
- Scott Hall - Manager, Corporate Information, IT
- Stephanie Quattrociocchi - Communications Specialist, Public Works, Community Programs, Parks and Recreation
- Heather Carvalho - Communications Specialist, Health and Human Services, Community Development
- Sharon Sayles - Marketing Coordinator, Community Programs, Parks and Recreation – Project Lead, Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre microsite
- Kevin Dekok - Economic Development Officer, Economic Development & Tourism – Project Lead, Advantage Brantford microsite
- Julia Sippel – Council and Committees Coordinator – Project Lead, Council and Committee Calendar content, eScribe integration and By-law search module
Key features of the new site include a fresh, contemporary look that is easier for visitors to navigate, an improved sitemap structure and enhanced search engine capability to help users find the information they need a faster, and responsive design that is compatible with smartphones and tablets.
The project also included the development of several microsites including, Economic Development (advantagebrantford.ca), Careers (brantford.ca/careers), Brantford Transit (brantford.ca/transit) and the new WayneGretzkySportsCentre.ca site. The new City website was developed in partnership with award-winning Waterloo-based eSolutions Group, a division of GHD Digital, credited with building over 150 municipal websites and recognized with more than 75 marketing and technology international awards.
Check out these cool summaries of each award-winning project: